Wednesday, November 12, 2008

10w5d, The Expanding Waistline

I was appalled to really look at my belly the other day. EEK! I can definately tell it is getting bigger. I wonder just how big I'll get. Or just how much weight I'll gain. My pants are getting more and more uncomfortable every day. I ordered my maternity work uniform pants the other day and they are supposed to be in within a week, I will definately be wearing those very soon!

I went to the pharmacy today and picked up the last chunk of progesterone. The end is in sight! The OB told me to take them until 13 weeks, and I have enough that I can slowly taper off and not just quit cold turkey. That stuff was pricey at $112 a month, which the insurance wouldn't cover!

I cannot wait until December 1st for our next appointment. I will breathe a huge sigh of relief. I think I'll be bringing out the maternity clothes after that appointment.

Oh-last night was the very closest I have come to puking. I had just gotten out of work and luckily my husband was driving us. All of a sudden I knew I was going to lose it. I prayed there was a plastic bag somewhere in the car and after scanning the backseat in the dark I saw my husband's lunch dishes in a plastic bag. I dumped the contents on the seat and just held the bag. Poor DH looked a little worried and asked if I wanted him to pull over (its almost an hour drive to get home) but I said just to keep going and I had the bag and would be fine. Thank God it never came up because I hate puking, just hate it. Needless to say I put a plastic bag by my bed that night and will be taking one wherever I go, just in case.

Other than that not too much going on. We are counting down the days until Grandma moves out on December 6th. It is very hard having her with us and we both can't wait to have our quiet cozy little house to ourselves again.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh my! It's tough feeling sick, but at least you know something's really going on in there. Congratulations! You are getting close to the end of the first trimester.